DiscSpace

DjangoBB based forums

• You are not logged in.

#1 June 2, 2010 01:29:08

dmo

Welcome to the DiscSpace Forums!

We're super excited to show off the new site! We've spent a ton of time building it so far and it is awesome to finally be able to play around with it. However, by its very nature our site needs more people to flourish, so we're even more excited to finally have some others to share it with.

Of course, we aren't completely done building DiscSpace, so you will certainly encounter some funky stuff. We just hope you'll help us out by pointing out any bugs or other weirdness that you come across. You can use this forum, or if you'd prefer, simply click the little "Feedback" button on the left side of the page and submit it real quick. Also, be sure to post in these here forums if you are confused about how something works, or if you get sucked into some sort of time vortex. Don't be afraid to post in the other forums too, if you've got something relevant to ask about! We just ask that you use this special Alpha forum for the sort of things that we plan to finish cleaning up before we invite more people.

We hope you all have some ideas for how we could improve the site, beyond just fixing the bugs. Boat race stats? Honor Badges? Customizable color schemes? Take those silly reflecting stripes off the cone? Who knows what kind of awesomeness we could create with your help!

#2 June 13, 2010 23:50:14

Rusty Brown

Why not rather than use a scale of 1-10 or something like that, make it a checkbox selector cause let's face it, sometimes I think a breakmark throw is way more important than the ability to throw into the wind. Rating systems are fine for how fast can I run, how tall I am, but honestly give me a checkbox system for throws and ultimate skills.

-Rusty

Edited RustyBrown (June 13, 2010 23:52:09)

#3 March 26, 2012 11:47:05

Joe Shaw

RustyBrown

Why not rather than use a scale of 1-10 or something like that, make it a checkbox selector cause let's face it, sometimes I think a breakmark throw is way more important than the ability to throw into the wind. Rating systems are fine for how fast can I run, how tall I am, but honestly give me a checkbox system for throws and ultimate skills.
-Rusty

You bring up a great issue (which might be up for constant discussion) on player ratings. I personally think that we're still gonna need a comprehensive numerical value for disc skills, as I get the feeling that player ratings will be most useful for hat draw tourneys and draft leagues. When trying to put together teams for these events, the directors/captains might not have time to browse through the individual throws for hundreds of players.

I took a brief look @ the rating tools so far, and I do like the ratings on individual throws. But I think a summarized numerical value would still be essential for big events that form teams out of hundreds of registrants. I've got a couple more suggestions, but it might be best continued in the Ideas topic of the forum.

#4 Feb. 13, 2013 23:09:36

sekar taji

Kitchens Yorkshire
Kitchens Yorkshire www.solidwoodkitchen.co.uk
Kitchens in Yorkshire with appliances for only £595, Tel 01616-694785
Best value kitchens in Yorkshire. Kitchens Yorkshire

Kitchens Yorkshire

#5 Oct. 22, 2013 21:25:03

sampun berkah

Kitchen Planner Online. Thirty Ex Display Kitchens To Clear. www.exdisplaykitchens1.co.uk £ 595 Each with appliances.
----------------------------------
Kitchen Planner Online

Moderator control